May 8, 2014
Nowadays this can be a tendency having glass tables and not cover it up at all. Nevertheless, table linen is something that barely goes out of fashion. Choosing a dining table without a table cloth is like sleeping on a bed without bed sheets. Your dining table seems bare without the right types of table linen. Many people cannot afford satin and silk table covers for daily usage. But, there are certain types of table covers that every lady must have in her cabinet. All types of table linen are not appropriate for almost any event. Actually, the type of dining table you have also plays a pivotal role in deciding what types of table covers you should be using. Table covers get messy quickly and some people think they are very high cleaning. But is really important to dress your table or else it looks bare and incomplete.
Some types of table linen are commoner than others. As an example, every homemaker usually has a white table cloth reserved for Sunday lunch or dinner. There is also this crochet table cloth that is kept for special events. With the velvet and satin only come out for wedding dinners and Christmas. And for everyday use, most of us have a checked variety that is changed every day. Below are a few types of table linen that we should have in their kitchen:
Top 10 Types Of Table Linen For Your Special Occasions
1. The Square motif table linen:
This is the most common type of table cloth that you will choose. You can keep using them from Monday to Friday keeping a various colors everyday. The red and white checks are the most used. These thick cotton fabrics are durable and easily washable.
2. Centerpiece Table linen
This type of table linen looks ideal on glass tables. You can cover the whole table with this type of table linen. Generally there is one long rectangle-shaped wide spread to lay out the food. Then, there are smaller rectangular table mats for individual dishes.
3. White Fabric Table linens
White fabric Table Linen usually, all table linen used to be white and you still cannot beat the old global appeal of a white table cloth. Nevertheless, it gets messy quickly. Therefore, white and lace table covers are arranged for the important family dinners or for special occasions.
4. Crochet Table Linen
Crochet table covers appear finest in white backgrounds. Usually, you’ll need solid wood tables for displaying a crochet table cloth. It does not look great at glass top tables.
5. Vibrant Table Linen
Table linen contains every fabric you put on your table. You can lay out a dazzling blue table cloth and then put different white table mats on it.
6. Polka Dots Motif table linen
If you have a adorable small kitchen table, then dress it in polka dotted table clothes or cartoon patterned table covers.
7. Stitched Fabrics Table Linen
This table linen is for really special occasions, you can save your embroidered table clothes. You can do the thread work yourself or get it finished by experts. Silk, satin and chiffon are the ideal products for this kind of table cloths.
8. Straw Covers
If you do not desire your table cover to be of high cleaning, subsequently make use of straw mats. Straw mats are non-fabric and they are easy to wash. They do not retain stains either.
Table linens consist of tablecloths, place mats, napkins, and runners, made from another fabrics and ready in a number of measurements and colors. They are used for formal events, or perhaps to cover a table. Standard tables were set with table linens created from damask or heavy white linen, but nowadays there are many choices. Select table linens that match the decor of your house, or the event you are enjoying.
How to select Table Linens for special occasions?
1. Estimate your table dimension. Use a tape measure to determine the length and width of your table, or the diameter if you have a round table. Write down the measurements so you can take them with you when you shop for linens. Calculate the height of your table as well. If you are setting your table for a buffet, you will want the tablecloth to drop to the floor
2. Select a fabric. Linens could be thick as well as classic, in fabrics such as damask, or in more durable cotton and polyester blends. For special events, you can also find them in satin, organza, and taffeta.
3. Find napkins based on your event. Dinner napkins are traditionally 24 inches square (about 61 cm), and lunch napkins are 20 inches square (50 cm). Cocktail napkins can also be used, and they are 6 inches square (about 15.24 cm).
Collect paint and pattern swatches. Corresponding your table linens to the decor of the room keeps everything stylish as well as flowing. Have a paint sample from your walls, or swatches from your furniture so you can match the colors and patterns appropriately while you shop.
4. Choose if you want a formal table or an informal table. The custom of your table linens will depend on whether you are preparing a special event, or if your table linens are for every day. For official occasions, the napkins and other linens should always match the tablecloth. For an casual table, you can feel free to blend as well as adjust some colors or different patterns.
5. You must think about how many types of linens you need. Decide if you are looking only for a tablecloth, or whether you really want to add linen napkins, place mats, and even chair covers. If you are preparing a wedding event or a formal party, you may want to use everything. If you are setting a table for an casual family dinner, a basic tablecloth or a few place mats may be enough.
6. The last but not least shop and compare. The best way to choose table linens is to take a look at several another types. Obtain your paint samples and swatches and start evaluating different brands, fabrics, and colors. Talk to designers and sales associates about the event you are planning or the kind of home you have, and get various professional assistance on selecting the best linen for your table.